The City of Newport is divided into (3) Council Wards, (9) Voting Precincts, (2) Senate Districts, and (2) Representative Districts. The entire City of Newport is located in U.S. Congressional District 1.
See a map here: Voting Districts with Wards
Who are our Representatives and Senators in the General Assembly?
- Representative, District 73: Marvin L. Abney (D)
12 Summer St Newport 02840 846-5341 email@example.com
- Representative, District 75: Lauren H. Carson (D)
11 Willow St #5 Newport 02840 523-1143 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Senator, District 12: Louis P DiPalma (D)
24 Sail Court Middletown 02842 847-8540 email@example.com
- Senator, District 13: Dawn M. Euer (D)
34A Bliss Road Newport 02840 619-2028 firstname.lastname@example.org
Who are our local elected officials?
In November, 2002 the electors of Newport voted that there should be four councilors-at-large and one councilor from each of the three wards. Following each biennial election, the Council-elect holds a caucus to select a Council President/Mayor and Vice President from among its membership.
The following candidates were elected to the Newport City Council in the November 6, 2018 General Election to serve through December 1, 2020:
- Jamie P. Bova, Mayor, At-Large
- Susan D. Taylor, Vice Chair, At-Large
- Jeanne-Marie Napolitano, At-Large
- Justin McLaughlin, At-Large
- Angela McCalla, Ward 1
- Lynn Underwood Ceglie, Ward 2
- Kathryn E. Leonard, Ward 3
How do I sign up to work at the polls?
You may obtain an application at the Newport Canvassing Office on the first floor of City Hall, 43 Broadway or by clicking the link below:
Mandatory training classes for all poll workers are held throughout the state prior to each election.