The Gateway Visitors Center
- The Gateway Visitors Center, located at 23 America’s Cup Ave., is the city’s primary public transportation hub. Visitors can park their car and access public transportation, including the local trolleys, which make getting around Newport convenient and trouble-free.
- Discover Newport is also located at the Visitors Center and is the Newport Visitors Information Center. Discover Newport’s knowledgeable staff can provide information on the where to stay, where to eat, attractions and events, available tours and local transportation.
- The Gateway Parking Lot and Garage operates from May 1st through October 31st. The garage and parking lot accommodate 484 vehicles.
Hours of Operation:
Monday through Sunday, 8:00 AM until 12:00 AM
$2.00 for the first half hour, $1.50 for each subsequent half hour
Maximum per day: $24.50
Tickets validated by Discover Newport receive one-half hour ($1.50) free parking.
- The Gateway Parking lot can accommodate only a limited number of Recreational Vehicles (RVs) and no vehicle over twenty four (24) feet long is permitted in the lot due to space constraints and the configuration of the parking lot’s exit.
- No trailers are permitted in the parking lot.
- Tall vehicles and vehicles with roof-top carriers must use the Bolhouse St. entrance due to the height restrictions at the America’s Cup Ave. entrance through the garage.