|Missed Collections/Snow Delays||Waste Management||(401)847-0230|
|Driver Safety Concerns||Waste Management||(401)847-0230|
|Illegal Dumping||Newport Police||(401)847-1306|
|Clean City Information||City Yard Office||(401)845-5613|
Clean City Quick Tips
- If you notice a bulky item(s) WITHOUT a BLUE bulk waste sticker in front of a property, feel free to share helpful information with your neighbor about the Bulk Waste sticker program. If item(s) have been left out for over 48 hours, residents are in violation of non-compliance and The Zoning Office can be notified at (401)845-5451. For more information on the Bulk Waste sticker program Click Here...
- If you witness items being illegally dumped, please notify The Newport Police at (401)847-1306 immediately to report this illegal behavior. Please provide as much information as possible so a detailed report can be documented and investigations can ensue to deter future illegal dumping.
- The Waste Management Transfer station is located at 65 Halsey Street. It is open Monday through Friday 8 a.m - 3:15 p.m. and they are closed from 11:45- 12:30 for lunch break. They are open on Saturdays from 8 a.m. until 11:45 a.m. Homeowners must bring their property tax bill or water bill along with a government issued ID to use their two free dumps. Renters in Newport can use the transfer station at the rates set forth by Waste Management. All items are accepted except for hazardous waste.
- If you want to report a missed collection (recycling, trash, yard waste, bulky items), please wait to report it until 4 p.m. on your collection day. You may then call Waste Management’s Missed Collections Line at (401)847-0230 to properly report it. Please make sure your carts are properly placed with no violations.
- Clean City has self-service recycling drop off stations located at 80 Halsey Street for cardboard, books, clothing, textiles, and scrap metal. At this time, we CANNOT accept any electronic waste for recycling. The Hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.